With the help of the software Snapchat, individuals can easily express themselves, experience the moment, discover new things, and have fun. This network has developed into one of the most popular social media platforms worldwide. Snapchat was launched by bobby murphy, Evan spiegel and Reggie Brown.
Following the release of Snapchat 5.0, codenamed Bunauo, for Android on October 29, 2012, it was made available for iOS in June 2013. An existing business that had previously trademarked the term served Snapchat with a stop and desist notice before the name was changed to Picaboo. When Picaboo, the iPhone-only version of Snapchat, was first released, Evan Spiegel’s father was in his living room. One can keep media files on Snapchat in a private File. The ability to use AR-based lenses and filters to take photos and show your real-time location on a map is one of Snapchat’s key features.
Below are the Features of Snapchat
- Memories: Save as many images and videos as you want of your favourite occasions. Snapchat has implemented a number of tools that let you screenshot or store snaps since the service’s introduction. Memory is the newest illustration. It not only adds a new method for storing snaps in Snapchat’s cloud, but it also adds a section for gaining access to media that is kept locally on your smartphone. You have the option to save a photo you take to your Memories (which functions as a private storage locker), where you can organise, modify, search, lock, and share the photo later on.
- Chat: This is a messaging feature within Snapchat that lets you directly chat with other users. You can access the Chat section by swiping from left to right on the Camera screen. From here, you can also send Bitmoji stickers, start a live video call, send money, share snaps, and more
- Score: Have you ever noticed a friend’s Snapchat handle has a number next to it? The number of snaps they’ve sent and received, tales they’ve shared, and other things are factored into the calculation that determines their score. When you press down on a friend’s name in your contact list, a news feed, or a chat area, you may see their score. And on your Profile screen’s centre Snapcode, you can find yours there. The more you use Snapchat, the higher your score is going to be.
- Snapstreak: Some of your friends or the people you follow might have different emojis next to their Snapchat names in the Chat section of your Snapchat. That means they’re on a streak, or Snapstreak, with you. In other words, you and that friend or friends have snapped at each other (not including chat messaging) within 24 hours for more than one consecutive day. For a comprehensive list of what each friend emoji means, go to Settings > Manage > Friend Emojis.
- Trophy case: Snapchat might notify you of a new trophy you’ve earned, and tapping that notification will take you to your trophy case, which holds all the trophies for milestones you’ve achieved as a Snapchat user. From sending a snap with a filter to sending 50 snaps with five or more pen colours, trophies encourage user interaction and content creation.
- lenses: You can make snaps even more fun by adding augmented reality-based special effects and sounds, with a feature called Lenses. To activate lenses, go to the Camera screen in Snapchat, then long-press on your face in the camera view, and lenses should appear in a row next to the capture button. Swipe around to select the lens you want, and then tap the capture button to take a snap with it. Popular lenses include the ‘rainbow puke’ and ‘dog with tongue’.
- 3D World Lenses: Unlike Lenses, which are primarily applied to your face – or a selfie shot – in real-time, World Lenses affect the environment around you. They appear in the same row as Lenses, but only when your camera is facing outward. This animation is overlaid on the world around us and can be captured and then shared with our friends in a chat or followers via our story. Both Lenses and World Lenses are frequently changed by Snapchat, though popular ones are recurring.
- Filter: You can jazz up your snap by adding a fun overlay with a filter. After you take a snap, swipe right or left on the preview screen to add coloured filters, the current time, local weather, speed overlays, or filters to your photo or video. After taking your snap and applying your first filter, you can press and hold and then swipe to add yet another filter, too.
- Geofilter: Like filters, you can use a geo filter to decorate snaps. Unlike filters, however, filters are specific to your location or an event you’re attending. They encourage other users to share their experiences with friends and followers. On-Demand filters may also be designed and purchased by individuals or smaller companies and only become available when a user enters a specified location, such as a wedding or graduation venue.
- Custom Notification Sounds: Subscribers to Snapchat Plus can also configure unique notification sounds for various contacts. Without having to check your phone for the sender’s name, you may use this to find out who sent you a Snap or a conversation. Using the Snapchat settings, you may create unique notification tones for particular people. There are a total of seven sounds available..
Steps to Snapchat Sign Up
- Visit the official website @ www.Snapchat.com
- Click “sign up” to proceed.
- Enter your login and name.
- key in the password.
- Enter your email address here.
- Enter your birthdate here.
- To protect your account, verify it.
Steps to Reset Snapchat Password
- Click on settings.
- To reset your password, click the link.
- then decide whether you want to have your password reset via SMS.
- Your account’s connected phone number should get a verification code.
- Choose “Continue” after entering the verification code.
- Provide a new password.
Steps to Recover Snapchat Account Password
- Click the Forgot Password link.
- Decide how you want to change your password.
- Enter the verification code that was provided to you.
- Choose a new password for yourself.