With more than 300 million users, YY is a significant video-based social network in China.
YY is different from other social media sites. Nevertheless, a collection of sizable user communities with interests in particular industries — music, education, sports, and gaming — where individuals may make money by demonstrating their skills or imparting knowledge.
Users trade “virtual roses” for money, with the top users reportedly earning up to $20,000 each month. By way of its social network, YY provides users with entertainment. YY.com, Duowan.com, 100.com, Huya.com, Edu24ol.com, and Zhiniu8.com are among the domain names it is the owner of.
Below are the features of YY.
Features of YY Account
- Users must select one or more interest tags after logging in, and they are then taken to a chat room with other users who have chosen the same tags and a matchmaker moderator.
- Users can begin up to nine private, three-minute speed-dating sessions in the chat room. Users can use voice chat or text messaging to communicate with their date while participating in speed dating. The public chat is open to those who are not currently connected in any sessions.
- Zhuiya also has live-streaming features that pit two live streamers against each other with the goal of comparing the number of virtual gifts they receive.
- According to Sina Tech, YY dismissed the rebranding as an upgrade to an outdated app and claimed that it is not a social product of strategic relevance to the business.
Steps to Sign Up on YY
- Open up the file you downloaded.
- Uncheck EVERYTHING but the first option which says ‘start yy right away
- The alternative possibilities might set up arbitrary bloatware, all of which would be in Chinese, and since I can’t understand Chinese, good luck with that.
- Once you’re done, you’ll be prompted to log in.
- Nevertheless, as you don’t have an account yet, go to the mobile version to proceed.
Download YY for mobile
- Use your QQ app to scan the QR code to download yy onto your phone.
- Press the yellow button then select the second option
- Keep swiping left, then tap the yellow button.
- This is your home page. Look for the little person icon in the bottom right.
- Press the yellow button under the avatar to sign in.
- Select the blue penguin to use your QQ account to log in.
- It should be the same qq and password you use to log into MLB.
- When you’ve successfully logged in you’ll be returned to your user menu.
- Press the settings gear icon at the top right of your screen.
- Select the first option: ” something 安全“
- Pick the second from the last option
- Change your area code then put in your phone number. You will receive a text message with a verification code.
- I’m in America which is written “MeiGuo” so you can find it under You’ll have to find your own area code/country in Chinese.
- Enter your phone number into the first line.
- Tap the smaller orange button to have a text message sent to your number.
- Enter the code you receive then tap the long orange button at the bottom.
- You’ll be returned to the previous menu and the text should now show green.
- Setting a password for your account is now necessary.
- Choose the fourth choice.
- You will be prompted for your phone number.
- Enter it into the field, then wait for a text message.
- Type the code you receive into the field as shown below.
- Create a password for your YY account. Enter it twice, then hit the orange button.
- You’ll be logged out of YY.
- Try logging back into YY.com with your phone number and password.
- YOUR PHONE NUMBER STARTS WITH A THREE-DIGIT AREA CODE.