Do you want to tell someone where you are right now? Perhaps you need to meet a friend who can’t find your house but needs to see you. With only a few taps on your phone’s screen, WhatsApp’s functionality enables you to instantly share your current position with any of your contacts.
You can watch your WhatsApp contacts’ locations in real time and know how far away they are from you thanks to WhatsApp’s “Live Location Sharing” feature.
For instance, you can ask your kids to WhatsApp Share Live Location with you so that you can track their whereabouts while they travel between home and school.
Share Your Live Location On WhatsApp Using Android Phone
- To send the location, open the chat or group you wish to. In the bottom right corner of your screen, click the paper clip icon to continue. Tap Location on the menu that appears.
- Depending on your selection, click Send your current location or Share live location.
- You can specify how long your location will be shared if you select Share Live Location. To share your live location, hit the arrow icon in the bottom right corner after choosing your preferred time period and adding a note if you’d like.
Share Your Live Location On WhatsApp Using iPhone
- Choose the Always option under Settings > WhatsApp > Location if you’re using an iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp and choose the individual or group with whom you wish to share your Live Location. Tap the Plus button in the bottom-left corner of the following screen.
- Allow WhatsApp to Share Locations on the pop-up window. Tap the Share Live Location option on the following screen.
- Choose the Time range for sharing your live location from the slide-up menu, then hit the Send button.
- With your “Initial” and “Live Until Time” indicated in the Thumbnail, your Contact will now receive a message from you.
- the Real Time or Live Location will be clearly displayed on a Live Map when the Contact opens the Thumbnail or touches the View Live Location option.