It’s very easy to set up a new Gmail account. I will lay out the simple steps on how to create a new Gmail account but before that, we will talk a little about the history of Gmail.
Gmail came into existence on 1st April 2004 with more than one billion users today.
Steps to create a new Gmail account
- Visit the official Gmail website Gmail.com
- Click “create account” to star
- Enter your name.
- Choose a username for your account.
- Enter a password.
- Click on next.
- On the next page enter your mobile number to verify your account.
- Enter the verification code sent to you and click on verify to verify the code.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your gender.
- Click next.
Features of Gmail
- Your inbox is structured so you can see messages from friends and family first. Social and promotional communications are categorised.
- Reduced spam – To keep your account secure and clutter-free, Gmail eliminates spam before it reaches your inbox.
- You won’t have to delete messages to save space with the 15GB of free storage.
How to choose an Email address
You can make up any address you want up to a certain point. In most cases, you provide your own name, and the email service itself provides the rest of the address. For instance, if you choose to open a Google Gmail account, your new email address would be email@example.com.
To make the new address stand out as distinct, you might need to add a number or a middle name if a popular name is already taken. Even if someone else has the same name as you, you cannot create the same email address as them. If an email address is already in use, the system will let you know and offer alternatives.
Changing your Gmail name
The only way to modify your Gmail address after generating it is to register a new Gmail account, which is regrettably not possible. You can, however, change your display name for emails sent from your Gmail address. Unfortunately, using the mobile app to do this is not an option.
Steps to Recover Gmail Password
- Go to Gmail.com
- Click forgot password.
- Enter the last password you remember. if you can’t remember click ”try a different question.
- Enter the secondary email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to get a password reset email.
How to Delete a Gmail account
- Log in to your Google.com Gmail account.
- Choose “Account” by clicking the grid symbol in the top right corner.
- Choose the “Data & Privacy” menu from the list on the left.
- Scroll to “Data from apps and services you use.”
- Under “Download or delete your data,” click Delete a Google service. (You may need to sign in.)
- Next to “Gmail,” click “Delete.”
- Enter an alternate email address (cannot be another Gmail address).
- Make sure to use an email address you have access to; you will need it to continue deleting your account.
- Click “Send Verification Email.”
- Open the email from Google you should have received with your alternate email.
- Follow the deletion link in the message.
- If prompted, log into the Gmail account you want to delete.
- Select “Yes, I want to delete (example)@gmail.com.”
- Click “Delete Gmail.” Then, click “Done.”