The Last Seen status on WhatsApp indicates the most recent time the person was active. This includes the last time a user used the app on their smartphone and the last time they replied to someone. On WhatsApp, you can find a user’s Last Seen status next to their profile picture at the top of the screen when you open a chat with them. If someone hasn’t responded to your messages in a while, you can check their Last Seen status to determine whether they have been purposefully ignoring you or whether they haven’t been online for a while.
WhatsApp offers the option to Hide Your Last Seen Status from Everyone as well as the option to block only specific selected Contacts from viewing your Last Seen Status if you are concerned about privacy.
You should be aware that this feature operates on an equal basis before moving further with the methods to Hide WhatsApp Last Seen.
Simply put, only when you permit people to view your Last Seen Status will you be able to see theirs.
How to hide WhatsApp Last Seen on Android Phone
The instructions below will help Android users hide their Last Seen status on WhatsApp by utilising the mobile app.
- On your smartphone, launch WhatsApp.
- To access the menu, click the icon with three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Account from the Settings menu.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Last Seen in the Privacy settings
- select Nobody to Hide Your Last Seen from Everyone in WhatsApp.
How to hide WhatsApp Last Seen on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp and select the bottom menu’s Settings tab.
- To hide your last seen status from everyone in WhatsApp, go to the Settings page and select Privacy > Last Seen & Online. Then, under the “Who Can See My Last Seen” section, pick Nobody.