WhatsApp group is a tool designed to benefit businesses, organisations, and families. We are able to simultaneously communicate any information with hundreds of people. After creating a WhatsApp account, we begin connecting with people and joining groups that we think would be beneficial to us. Some users get hundreds of notifications from groups every day. You might choose to Delete the WhatsApp Group if the Group goes dormant or if its original intent no longer applies.
Related: How to Turn Off Vibration When iPhone is in Silent Mode
The issue, though, is that unless all group members are deleted, WhatsApp does not offer the option to Delete a Group. As a result, the only way to deactivate a WhatsApp Group is to individually remove every member before leaving the Group.
The issue, though, is that unless all group members are deleted, WhatsApp does not offer the option to Delete a Group.
As a result, the only way to deactivate a WhatsApp Group is to individually remove every member before leaving the Group.
How to remove Group Members from Whatsapp
As previously noted, the first step entails manually eliminating oneself from the Group and all other members.
- Open WhatsApp and choose the WhatsApp Group you wish to delete from the Chats menu.
- Tap the Group Name on the Group screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Group Info screen, tap the Member you want to remove, and then choose the Remove from Group option from the slide-up menu that appears.
- To confirm, click Remove on the confirmation pop-up.
- Keep going through the previous procedures until there are no more Group members left and you are the sole one.
Step #2: Leave the WhatsApp group and delete it
The option to Delete the Group in WhatsApp becomes available once all members have been removed from the group and you have left it.
1. Open WhatsApp and choose the WhatsApp Group you wish to leave from the Chats menu.
2. Tap on the Group Name on the Group screen.
3. Scroll down to the Exit Group option on the Group Info screen and select it.
4. To confirm, press Exit Group on the confirmation pop-up.
5. Finally, select the newly made available Delete Group option.
6. To confirm, touch on Delete Group on the confirmation pop-up.
You deleted the WhatsApp group this way by eliminating all participants. Therefore, the group is no longer relevant to any of the members. They can continue using group chat if you don’t remove each participant, though. So you were the only one to leave the group and delete it from your phone.