Even while it is simple to access Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and other apps on an iPhone, watching movies, TV shows, and videos on your home television will let you get more use out of these apps.
There are several ways to connect an iPhone to a TV, from utilizing an HDMI cable to connect the iPhone directly to the TV to using Chromecast and Apple TV.
There are a few different ways to connect your iPhone to your TV.
Connect iPhone to TV Using HDMI Cable
Using an HDMI cable from your phone to the HDMI port on your TV is the simplest way to physically connect your iPhone to the TV. To connect the HDMI cable to your iOS device, you’ll need an adapter for the iPhone. The item is known as a Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
- Utilize a digital AV adapter to connect an iPhone to a TV.
- Turn on your TV > Pick the HDMI port that your iPhone is linked to by pressing the Input button on the TV remote.
- The display of your iPhone should now be mirrored on the one of your television.
Connect iPhone to TV Wirelessly Using Chromecast
Users of Chromecast can project content from their iPhones to any TV with a Chromecast with Google tv
- Connect the Google Chromecast device to your TV’s HDMI port.
- On the TV remote, press the Source or Input button, then choose the HDMI port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2,…) where the Chromecast device is connected.
- Play any YouTube video or Netflix movie on your iPhone after the setup process is finished, then hit the Cast icon that appears on the screen of your device.
How do I use screen mirroring on my iPhone with Apple TV?
- The Apple TV and iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for communication to occur.
- On your iOS device, launch Control Center. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on an iPad or an iPhone other than the iPhone X to accomplish this. Swipe down from the right of the notch on an iPhone X.
- Select Screen Mirroring from the menu. It seems to be two rectangles that are overlapping.
- From the list that appears, choose your Apple TV.
- Enter the passcode on your iOS smartphone if an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV.
- Open Control Center to halt the mirroring process. Then click Stop Mirroring under Screen Mirroring.